Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome

At 7:18 p.m. on Aug. 17, Case Austin Pallister, with an unquantifiably courageous assist from his mom, made me a dad. I never, in my wildest dreams (and believe me, I've had some wild ones) ever imagined something this amazing would happen to me (more on that later). But it has, and I couldn't be happier. And this journey is one I will take seriously -- as I am wont to do when I put my mind to a thing -- but not so serious that I will not take the time, through example and instruction, to teach our son to laugh, to cry, to wonder why, and to enjoy the moment while sucking a little marrow out of life along the way.

I plan to use this (cyber)space to document my thoughts on fatherhood. I suspect the process of writing it will be much like the process of living it -- a mixture of fear, doubt, laughter, tears, happiness and surprise. So sit back and enjoy the read.

Dad

2 comments:

  1. It's really cute that you think you'll have time for this. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? I have all these extra hours in which I used to sleep!

    ReplyDelete