Monday, May 14, 2012

I wonder

 Case,

I wonder what you'll be someday
and what's the first word that you'll say
I wonder when you'll start to walk
and how we'll laugh in times we talk

I wonder where you'll gravitate
and what fun things will fill your plate
Those things you'll find that you will need
on which a hungry head can feed

I wonder if you'll play with words
or mimic many songs you've heard
I wonder if you'll lose yourself
in books that are your mother's wealth

I wonder how you'll speak your mind
with passion for the cause you find
I wonder when you'll take the stand
that starts the path from boy to man

I wonder of the days unknown
and memories to come
The reasons I'm alive today
I count 'em one by one
Forty years have brought me here
my work has just begun

I wonder as I sit inside the room in which you sleep
I wonder of the dreams you'll have and promises to keep
I wonder as I stare outside beyond our white front door
If I do my job, son, that world outside is yours

Love,
Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment