Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Too much talk is cheap

It's better to say nothing and let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and leave no doubt.


Case,

That was one of your Grandpa Pallister's favorite sayings when I was a kid. As an adult, I find it becomes truer by the day.

(There might be a person or two who read that and think, "What are YOU talking about, Pallister? You never shut up. Granted, I have been known to dominate the occasional conversation, but only in settings that involve a person or persons who know what kind of fool I am and still dig me.)

Anyway, words are like antibiotics. They are vital to maintaining a healthy society, but overuse renders them ineffective. People build up a tolerance to the bullshit of those who talk too much.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment