Tuesday, November 29, 2011

AnNAPolis

Case,

You were being a bit cranky this afternoon as we waited for your mom to return home, so we sat down on the bed and I cradled you in my arms to see if a few ounces of formula would settle you down. It worked. So well, in fact, that you fell asleep, with your mouth still gripping the bottle's nipple as tight as before you drifted off.

I initially thought to try and carefully remove my arm from under your head and sneak away to the couch while I awaited your awakening. But you looked so peaceful. I didn't dare disturb you. So, I laid my head back as well and eventually joined you in slumber.

It didn't last long, as your mom returned home shortly thereafter and we both woke up. But it was one of the finer naps I've had, which brings me to a point. There will come a time in your life when you will be willing to trade your thumbs for a couple hours of shut-eye -- and you won't be able to. Until that time, then, my advice is to enjoy every nap. It was a dreary November day as we slept, and while all naps are worth it, few things are more rejuvenating than a long nap on a rainy day. The rhythm of the raindrops is the perfect soundtrack to sleep.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment