Monday, February 3, 2014

The naked truth

Case,

You have become adept at removing your diaper and even more adept at going about your daily routine without it. Nothing makes you happier these days than flinging off your diaper and running around the house while grinning maniacally. You even spent the day doing this at Grandma Richards' recently, and that is something we may need to talk about.

We allow this practice at times as part of potty training, but I'm starting to think you're taking advantage of us. I go into your room each night to check on you after you fall asleep, and WITHOUT FAIL these days, you're lying there naked. You do allow me (or your mom if she's the unlucky one doing a 1 a.m. bed check) to put on a new diaper (or just put the old one back on, but don't tell your mom I said that) without waking up, although I get the feeling you may actually be awake and just enjoy hearing your dad curse.

But while the nocturnal diaper changings are somewhat annoying for me, I've become much better at avoiding strategically placed choo-choos on my path to your crib, so the process has become pretty efficient and rarely painful. To be honest, as long as you're sleeping peacefully at night, changing a diaper on the fly is a small price to pay. The alternative is you jumping for hours into the early a.m. while your mom and I curse you and your energy — in the most loving way, of course.

I want to tell you to cut this out and stop rolling around in all your glory on all the furniture, but you're 2. There will be plenty of opportunities later in life to be naked, and many of those have the potential to cause you great embarrassment and/or possible incarceration. It's best to get it out of your system now. So, with all apologies to your mom and her bed spreads, partake in what makes you happy. Enjoy life while it remains free of self-concisousness and social constraints.

Love,
Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment