Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Big day

Case,

We're sitting in the living room of your Grandma and Grandpa Pallister, and your baptism is 90 minutes away. Your mom, Grandma and Grandpa are all getting ready, while we lounge around -- you in your diaper and nothing else, me in a pair of sweats and a sleeveless Bears shirt. I feel overdressed. And speaking of that, we're the cup of coffee in front of me away from having to join everyone else in putting on our Wednesday best. I've got to put on pants, a belt and a nice shirt, but it's worth it for your big day, although I could probably wear my current get-up because all eyes will be on you and your white christening suit. I have to admit, you're gonna look good. Quite dapper. You even have custom-made shoes and a hat. Once you put that suit on, it will have taken you exactly 14 weeks of life to get into an outfit nicer than anything your dad has ever owned. OK, with that last sip of coffee, it's time.

Love,
Dad

Edit: Apparently, it was not time. Someone is tired, cranky and doesn't want to get dressed up. And you're not happy, either. Looks like we're gonna try this again when we get to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment