Saturday, January 4, 2014

Well, that didn't last long

Case,

Three days into the challenge of writing a blog entry every day and I forgot to write one Friday, Then I forgot to write something before midnight Saturday and all of a sudden I'm two days behind. So new terms: 365 entries in 2014. That's the adjusted goal. Let's hope I don't have to come up with 186 entries at some point in November.

I'm going to blame the first day of the playoffs for tonight's forgetfulness. I got all caught up in a wild 28-point comeback by Andrew Luck and the Colts against the Chiefs. Not too surprising that the Chiefs choked; that's what they do. Then again, when Luck goes down as the next John Elway, the collapse won't look so bad. The second game wasn't as thrilling, but it came down to the last play. The Saints won on a field goal as time expired against the Eagles after Drew Brees led his team down the field in the final minutes. Three things you need to know about Drew Brees: This was his first career road playoff win; no quarterback ever got more out of his abilities; and he saved New Orleans four years after Hurricane Katrina.

When I started typing this, you were still jumping in your crib in the middle of the night. And now I just heard you again. Gotta be honest, son, this staying up past midnight is an annoying trend. You're 2. Go to bed.

The plan is to take you out to breakfast in the morning and let your mom sleep in. But if you don't go to bed soon, you'll be sleeping on my shoulder through the whole meal.

On second thought, that would make a good blog entry, See ya in seven hours!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment